So far I’ve been very active on Instagram as it’s the best way to showcase your pictures, however I had forgotten about the good old Facebook!
So following my dear mum’s advice I joined a number of very cool groups and thought I’d share these with you, in case you want to join me:
- Crochet Beginners Group, with about 75,000 members. Lovely group to share your creations and as it’s full of beginners, people help each other out a lot there. This is my favourite one so far.
- WE LOVE CROCHET ❤, with about 7,200 members. This one is less focused on beginners, people there seem to REALLY know what they are doing and it’s all about technique and improvements.
- You Crochet Me Crazy, with about 1,600 members. Similar to WE LOVE CROCHET ❤
- Knitting/Crocheting/WOOL FOR SALE/Sell, with about 9,000 members. Unlike the other 3 groups, this one is focused on yarn sales, clearance etc. Very good group if you’re after discounted yarn but aren’t too fussed about the type of yarn/colours.
- Crochet dans toute sa splendeur, about 4,000 members. I chose that group as it is in French and the admin is from Belgium. Whilst I blog in English I want to stay up to date with what happens on the other side of the pond in my home country!
In addition, I have made some progress on the Christmas market, my website and my Etsy shop. Take a look, I think some of these items will be perfect for your Christmas presents!
Hello ladies, and happy Sunday!
Another crazy week has gone by, and I have made more progress on Little London Crochet.
This week I have launched 2 important products on my website and Etsy:
Coin Purse Crochet Kit
Which will allow you to make cute coin purses like this one:
It’s really easy to make and looks so nice. You should see all the lovely comments I get when I show mine off!
Amigurumi Heart Key Ring
Also for beginners, this kit is perfect to offer as Christmas presents to your loved ones.
I am also selling the Yarn in stand-alone packs for those who prefer to create their own creations:
There yarn pack is also available to purchase on Amazon if you prefer that channel.
As you can see I have been working really hard, and between the kits, my full time job and the preparation for the Christmas markets it’s not always easy.
But I love what I do and that’s the main thing!
Today is Guy Falks night in the U.K. so I will go and watch some fireworks. Tonight will also be the first time of the year that I will have mulled wine 🍷 yeyyy!
Have a lovely Sunday ladies!
This weekend has been super productive for me. I’m so happy!
However time has flown by and tomorrow I have to go to the office… hu hu hu.
I wanted to give you an update of what I have accomplished over the past 2 days:
- Set up a Merchan account on Amazon -waiting for validation!
- Set up an Etsy account, if you like that platform you can now buy my yarn from Etsy.
- Labelled over 200 yarn balls
- Packed 20 Crochet set
- Crocheted 1 coin purse 👛, 2 donuts 🍩 and 1 ❣
- Worked on my Social Media account
I have a full time job on top of that so it’s not easy to manage. In particular I struggle to balance my admin time (social media, website, blog) with my crochet time. I heard a few people have that problem, any advice would be welcome!
Below is a snapshot of what I made this weekend:
I’ve been working on this project for a little while now, and wanted to let you know I am soft launching my yarn brand this week ♥️🦄
It’s so exciting! I’ve always loved yarn and in particular small yarn balls but struggled to buy in small quantity and always ended up with a lot of waste.
So to solve that problem I have created my own packs of small yarn balls (100% cotton).
Each ball is 12g, perfect to crochet small items and amigurumis! The following colours are included in each pack:
White, light pink, red, brown, yellow, purple, light blue and dark blue!
I deliver these packs Worldwide, so if you like crocheting or know someone who likes crocheting, this would be the perfect Christmas present 💝
A few people have already placed orders, and i can’t wait to see their creations!
Ordering is very easy, just visit my website: https://www.littlelondoncrochet.com/shop/12g-balls-set
Hope you all have a great start of weekend!
I’ve taken the big leap and signed up to….yes….4 Christmas markets!
I think it will be a great opportunity to showcase my creations as well as the crochet kits I am currently designing.
So now I am focusing on making sure I have enough stock to sell at all 4 markets, most of my nights are spent making:
- Christmas baubles
- Christmas socks (key rings)
- Coin purses
- Crochet kits
In case you want to come say hello, I have made a list:
– 2nd December: Wimbledon and Putney Commons, https://www.wpcc.org.uk/things-to…/events/profile/craft-fair
– 3rd December: Fortismere School Christmas Market in Muswell Hill, http://www.fortismereschoolassociation.com/copy-of-christma…
– 9th and 10th December: marché de Noël de Bellefontaine, http://www.5fontaines.be/accueil-3
– 16th December: Stoke Newington Methodist Church, https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/a-celebration-for-christmas-…
I am a little bit stressed out because I have never done a Christmas market before and all of a sudden I will do 4! Above all I hope my creations will make people happy 🌺
Over the next few days I will share some of the stuff I’ve been creating. Really exciting times!
Have a nice evening!
Little London Crochet
As some of you may know, my mum and I are going to take part in a Christmas market this year in Belgium. We are so excited!
So, we are now preparing…and crafting items that we believe people will like at that time of year.
I’m crocheting a lot of key rings. They are very practical and also can be sold relatively cheap so I think people will like that.
Yesterday I tested a few new things, including this lovely cupcake:
I found a free cupcake crochet pattern online, and would like to share it with you in case you want to also make one: click here.
What would you like to find at a Christmas market? Let me know, I’d love to hear your ideas.
I’m working on a cool project at the moment and as part of it, I wanted to crochet a heart in amigurumi and make a key chain out of it. I’m a big fan of practical creations.
I had to do, redo and redo again – my first attempt was barely acceptable. Also it didn’t just need to look good, my goal was to create a pattern out of it so everything needed to be logical.
It’s very easy to make, and you can buy the pattern on my website. I love instant gratification, perfect for this as it takes about 1.5h to make (a lot less once you get used to that pattern).
Here’s a hint of my project:
Share the LOVE!